Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Time Machine Tuesday...Zack Morris & Crew, Sports Makes BG Cry...

TIME MACHINE TUESDAY!
SAVED BY THE BELL!

It was the 1990s, it was Saturday AM, and it was time to party w/ Zack, Screech, Lisa, Jesse, Kelly & AC Slater. Now I don't count the Miss Bliss years, no AC , no Lisa, no Kelly, no Jesse, I'm talking bout good ol' Bayside High! Guess what? That show is the WORST EVER! Have you watched it NOW? I saw it and was like WOW this was the SHIT when i was young, now its AWFUL! My favorite episodes are the one where Jesse gets hooked on sleeping pills "I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so SCAARRREEEEDDDDDDDD" LMAO and that acting GEM! Also the one w/ Casey Kasem, as the behind the music-esque announcer of the rise & fall of "the Zack Attack" Here is a montage video for their "HIT SONG" Friends forever.



I'm not gonna lie, I cried like a little bitch on the last episode, I cry during shows MUCH more than movies, w/ shows I've had YEARS to get to the know the characters, w/ movies a few hours doesn't do it for me. Actually what gets me most is Sports Center, If a handicapped kid scores a touchdown, ITS ALL OVER for me! Jake Porter, a mentally challenged HS senior, and team MGR/Backup Backup backup RB, is playing FB in a 45-0 game. With a few seconds left the coach goes to the other coach and says, "Hey I got a mentally challenged kid who is a SR, and has never taken a snap, can you tell her boys to lay off of him as he takes a knee" the opposite team coach says,"We will let him get a TD" Tell me this doesn't make you shed a tear



Also there is a Jason McElwain, a functioning Autistic boy who was team mgr for the Varsity Team, he rocks a tie to the games, his coach let him play the final home game, and he got to play the last 4 mins w/ his team up 20! He airballed his first shot, then he went APE SHIT!



Nice work J-Mac! These kind of stories get all the emotion goin for BG!

Also there was Sara Tucholsky of Oregon, she hit her first ever HR over the fence but hurt herself on the way to first, The OTHER TEAM helped her around the bases, The video breaks it down for you! Sportsmanship isn't dead!



That's it for TMT, have a great day!




8 comments:

supertiff said...

oh, great. now i'm sobbing. happy tuesday!

Beth K. said...

Trying to hold it together at work... Sniff... Thanks for the heartwarming post.

Sheri, RN said...

hehehe yeah I loved SBTB too! :) Good times.

Thomas said...

I am not gonna lie, the McElwain one made me cry...saw it when it happenned. i am a basketball guy, that story is amazing.

Caitlin said...

Bawled like a baby...I love it!!!

Lee said...

I used to watch re-runs of that show.
Then I got kind of bored of it.

Jennifer said...

weren't they caffeine pills?

Bobby G said...

Jen, THEY WERE! Wow I cant believe no one else caught that! lol