Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time Machine Tuesday: OLD POST Casey Kasem, Also RTT

I wrote this post when I FIRST started my blog. No followers, no one saw it, and it was my Fav post ever! So without further a-do here it is!!!!

Casey Kasem, Long Distance Dedications

OK, so Casey Kasem is a LEGEND! I love his show & still catch whenever I can. Thanks to Satellite Radio you can now listen to old episodes from random weeks in the 70's, 80's & 90's. One such episode was on the other day. It was from a random week in June 1984. There were some great songs. Then came my Favorite part, the Long distance dedication. Now these are ALWAYS Ridiculous, its always like:
Dear Casey, I writing you to tell you about my husband, he recently died, can you please play I got the Power by Snap, because life can end in a Snap.

The one on this show was PRICELESS, I couldn't make this up. It went something like this:
Dear Casey,
Ive have recently been a part of something that I will regret for the rest of my life. A few months ago me & my friends went out joy riding in a friends car. I was driving, we had been drinking. We were going too fast, I lost control and hit a telephone pole. While no one died in the crash 2 of my friends suffered permanent injuries. I will never forgive myself for what happened that fateful day. Casey will you please play ITS HIP TO BE SQUARE By HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS, thank you....

WTF? What the HELL Does that have to do w/ an accident, I thought it was gonna be something like Broken Wings by Mister Mister, or something at least relevant. I was laughing SO damn hard, tears in my eyes and everything. Until next time "Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars"

And now for



Its been INCREDIBLE here in Ann Arbor, MI this last few days! great Harley weather!...

I'm tired as shit today, tryin not to fall asleep and my mundane about to close job, help me stay awake people!!!...

On the bike today I got clocked in the face by a bug. it was HARD as shit and stung like no other, or it may of been a BB. Damn kids...

Caffeine free pop is lame, why do I drink pop? for the caffeine, Coffee is too harsh for me I get all shaky and awkward...

Hittin bike night tonight, one of my fav things about summer. Great people, beer & food, and OF COURSE kick ass bikes!!!

I am addicted to Cherry Coke Zero, it's made w/ real crack that's how you know its good!

Ok folks I'm out have a great Tuesday!!!!

10 comments:

tiffany said...

i saw the post the first time!

Bobby G said...

Just you tiffy, Just you! lol

Jess said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Sorry bro, I'm a caffeine free pop fan!

Watch out for those killer bugs. I hear they have a conspiracy against Bobby G.

Sheri, RN said...

LOL Great post glad you re-posted it. :)

You keep reminding me to buy that cherry coke crack juice! Thanks!

Sarah said...

drinking caffeine free pop is like paying $4 for an Odoul's. I don't get it either. My mom drinks Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi...ewww

Bobby G said...

Sarah my mom does too!!! she was addicted as shit to caffeine though, thats the only real reason i can see...

Toni said...

Casey Kasem? Wait; isn't he the voice of a Scooby Doo character??

Jennifer said...

I'm so with you on the Cherry Coke Zero. It's pure crack with cherry flavor. LOVE it!

Lee said...

I would drink the Cherry Coke Zero, but I can't do the aspartame.
I found Diet Coke with Splenda...
that was kick ass.