Thursday, June 11, 2009

OH JOY...

Well the BG dentist chronicles begin today. Basically I got a Wisdom teeth consultation, which is a way to squeeze a few more dollars out of my broke ass. Then I have the Wisdom teeth pullage on the 26th. Also have a root canal consultation too! I'm kinda leaning to just pulling the tooth and getting a fake one. Not so much cause of the pain, but cause of the cost involved. It's gonna be FAT loot, and honestly for my teeth, for some reason, I don't care to pay for that lol. For my health, sure, but for my teeth I'm like eh, those shits are all gonna fall out eventually. Which I'm SURE is a fucked up way to look at it, but in these tight times, I gotta cut corners when I can.

Also in the what the fuck am I gonna do dept, the last day of work is nearing. Its kinda surreal. People are cleaning out their shit, people are leaving, its a very weird situation. At the same time I'm kinda happy because I never REALLY liked the job, I worked here because of the security (Yeah, Epic Fail) and the free benefits, yeah FREE! Even when I was married they were free for both of us. Id go look for other jobs, and benefits weren't free, so I was like well...now I am forced to take a job, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, or what I want to do, but I'm excited of the possibilities that are coming. It's not a scary time, but a very exciting time. Though I prob should be scared as shit lol.

Yesterday at work there was trivia, they do it every Wednesday, and its good times, good music, answer question etc, I talked to the guy after and I think I want to host trivia. I have a good voice, I play dope music, and its $60 for 2 hrs of work! cant beat that! Plus I can drink during! its like 7:30 to 10ish, so still out early enough to not hate the earth! I think I'm gonna apply today! why the hell not!

Last Night on TLC there was this show about this CRAZY strong kid. He had some kind of condition that i cant pronounce, but its actually a benefit, not bad for him. it gave him CRAZY ass muscles, like a mini body builder, this kid didnt have an OZ of fat on him. He was walking at 5 months, climbing up & down stairs at 7 months, and at 18 months he would push his moms furniture all around. It was INCREDIBLE! Video of this little monster below!



Good Thursday folks, Zombie Friday tomorrow!

6 comments:

Caitlin said...

THAT. IS. FREAKY. Also, apply for any job you want! As long as you've got some savings, you're gonna be fine while you job hunt. Just look at it as another chance to find a job you truly love without those free benefits keeping you in that job because you can't find anything better. You're gonna be just fine!

Bobby G said...

I have no Savings, lol but I will get a $4500 severance from work, so thatll help...

Sheri, RN said...

I feel the pain of the teeth thing too, I hope yours gets all taken care of ASAP too. :)

Wow that lil kid is insane... like a lil superman kid.

Sarah said...

You'd be good at trivia. Wouldn't a new tooth be more expensive than a root canal? I think my crown was $1000. Do they have to crown it after the canal? I feel for you BG, I went 7 years without benefits before having them again. People always told me about U of M Dental School...cheap and quality work. Maybe check that out?

Captain Dumbass said...

Dude! I was so thinking about you and your freaky bleeding tooth when I was at the dentist this week.

Lee said...

You have to be careful with your teeth, Bobby.
You can think about it like that now, that they'll fall out eventually anyway, but my mom didn't take care of her problems soon enough (although hers were caused by chemo), and now she has to wear a denture plate.
You'd be better off getting the work now than paying the $15,000 for dental reconstructive surgery.
(Yeah, we're in some serious debt. Stupid fucking cancer destroyed our lives.)