Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthdays & Facebook...

My birthday is in 2 weeks. its my 30th bday & I'm kinda stoked, kind of like a new start. However 1 thing is for sure I'm going to be Inundated w/ emails from Facebook saying someone left me a comment. Now this is all good, but the vast majority of these peeps wouldn't know it was your bday if Facebook didn't say so. So basically you get a ton of comments from your fringe friends. People who feel obligated because Facebook says it. Don't get me wrong, I do it too! I too feel obligated, but its kind of a funny situation! Further more, some of these people you haven't seen or really even talked to in a long time, so whats the point? I think its a selfish happiness, you know you did something so its out of the way, but then again when its your bday on Facebook ill be sure to say whats up!

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

Hey, you can't do anything about people leaving you comments, but you know you can turn off all those stupid facebook notifications, right? You don't have to get ANY emails from facebook. I turned them off and it was the best decision I ever made regarding social networking :)

Bobby G said...

I like them 364 days a year, I like to be updated, however when i first did facebook I got text messages from facebook, I must of clicked a box or something, that shit was AWFUL! lol

Michael Langford said...

Bobby G you left me an obligatory happy birthday on my birthday and then wrote about it in your blog. HAHA! I really get a kick out of that kind of stuff! Give me a call sometime and we can buy each other beers to celebrate being one year closer to death.