Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dreams of Spring...

As EVERYONE on earth knows, I'M SO DONE W/ THIS WINTER! It was VERY much broken down, here and also kind of here. Now that I have my new GF, this summer is gonna be great! We are gonna take walks, have drinks on patios, go to parks, and OF COURSE ride the Harley! Now we are damn near snowed in every weekend! With -10+ wind chills and shit, hows a new couple supposed to function? We have Cabin fever like CRAZY! We just want to get out!

One of the best things about my GF is that she CANT WAIT to ride on the bike! Many girls are fucking TERRIFIED about riding on a motorcycle! I can see why, they are viewed by the general public as "DANGEROUS" but they are only as dangerous as the people driving them, or their surroundings. We are gonna take some bike trips this year for the weekend or whatever! I'm SUPER excited! All I need now is a semi-warm day, w/ a few days of rain before to wash the salt off the street, a destination, and some time! it has been said a successful motorcycle tourer needs 3 things, the desire, the time and the money, I have 1 of those 3 things! lol that's be the DESIRE! For your viewing pleasure:


And:



I love this bike, but the winter fucking sucks because even though I CANT RIDE IT, I still have to pay that damn loan! lol Got some pretty good trips planned this year too, a 10 day trip to Nashville, all up the UP MN etc., should be a BLAST! Also MANY day trips, the Harley chapter is good times! A great way to go on organized, fun rides! I have limited knowledge of my state, I cant just take off even w/ MY GPS, I still don't know routes to get places that are both scenic and nice, the GPS tells me the best way to get there, i don't always WANT to go the best way! Sometimes I want to go the LONGEST, most SCENIC way! These trips are the longest most scenic ways! There are always fun stops too! Like on the TN trip we are hitting the Jack Daniels Distillery! NICE! Always good times, but we don't drink and ride! After we park the bikes for the day though its ON! So as I look out the window at snow, and cold, I cant help but think of warmer greener, days, come on spring, don't let BG down!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I need nice weather!
Nice bike- I love motorcycles & do not fear riding them.

Bobby G said...

NICE BOBBIE! Does your hubby ride?

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun. Come on spring!

Aimee said...

My Dad allowed me to ride a motorcycle with his friends when I was like 3 or 4. So, I totally understand the joy of the wind and the freedom. Come on spring!

Becky said...

Ok now I'm laughing trying to picture Bobbie's husband riding a motorcycle.

You know that you can't buy Jack Daniels at the distillery right? They're in a dry county so they can't sell or serve their own product to customers. Ironic huh?

Bobby G said...

You just DESTROYED my summer Becky, THANKS! lol Thats pretty lame! lol

Sarah said...

I am not "terrified" per say but I have never ridden, nor do I care to. My biggest thing is this: What the HELL do you do if you hit a raccoon or a deer or something...my dad once saw this happen and the guy flew so far that both his shoes came off. Yikes* That said, have a helluva spring and summer on that "hog" (isn't that the lingo?)

Bobby G said...

sarah, If I gave you a ride, I guarantee you 100% youd like it, when I ride, im constantly looking for stuff, PS a racoon most likely wont make you crash, a deer on the other hand...lol

Lee said...

Man, I love bikes.
They're so full of power and everything.
My dad used to have one. But he had to sell it to get a car.

Bobby G said...

Lee, sad times about your dad getting rid of his bike!