Sunday, August 10, 2008

Traverse City, Softball, Beer, Cathphrase & Debauchery.....

Now, the main reason I play softball is so I can go to Traverse City at the end of the year. Its a 2 day tourney, if you win enough games, you get to play on Sunday. We left Ann Arbor on Fri at about 12. We jet up to To the campground (at Interlochen State Park) and we arrive at about 5. We immediately crack our 1st beers and start to get the tent up. Our team captain Joe, had the site 2 down from us and he made is dinner on Fri night, BBQ chicken, cheddar brats & dogs gave us the base that we need to get our drink on! Our case was gone at about 8, but fortunately for us good old Alan and Jeff had a 30 pack of red dog which id never really drank, but very much enjoyed! I drank A LOT of them as we were playing catch phrase ( I DOMINATE) I like to answer funny stuff, a girl looked at her word and said OH JEEZ! I said Original Gangsters? (OGs) Casey & Priano were dying! They were the only ones that got it, but it is worth it. We cash out at about 11:30, and it was all good, we had to be up at 7 to get ready for softball, after a few hours of joking and Donald Duck voices we cashed out at about 1:15, I slept like ass, but got up in good spirits w/ only a slight hangover. Now I suck at softball, but during TC I always tear it up! I hot around .500 for the tourney (5 for 5 the tourney) But we still went 0 for 3, and alas didn't get to get to play Sunday, which also meant GET DRUNK!) We did but due to my lack of sleep I was falling asleep at 12:30 or so, so I went to bed. After 3 softball games, at catcher, I was sore as shit this morning! I'm having trouble walking, We pack up the tent and leave at about 10:45am, we love you TC! See ya next year!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

You were close to my little vacation at Torch! Sounds like a blast.

Bobby G said...

Its true! I was near there!