Thursday, April 10, 2008

Casey Kasem Long Distance Dedications

OK, so Casey Kasem is a LEGEND! I love his show & still catch whenever I can. Thanks to Satellite Radio you can now listen to old episodes from random weeks in the 70's, 80's & 90's. One such episode was on the other day. It was from a random week in June 1984. There were some great songs. Then came my Favorite part, the Long distance dedication. Now these are ALWAYS Ridiculous, its always like:
Dear Casey, I writing you to tell you about my husband, he recently died, can you please play I got the Power by Snap, because life can end in a Snap.

The one on this show was PRICELESS, I couldnt make this up. It went something like this:
Dear Casey,
Ive have recently been a part of something that I will regret for the rest of my life. A few months ago me & my friends went out joy riding in a friends car. I was driving, we had been drinking. We were going too fast, I lost control and hit a telephone pole. While no one died in the crash 2 of my friends suffered permanent injuries. I will never forgive myself for what happened that fateful day. Casey will you please play ITS HIP TO BE SQUARE By HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS, thank you....

WTF? What the HELL Does that have to do w/ an accident, I thought it was gonna be something like Broken Wings by Mister Mister, or something at least relevant. I was laughing SO damn hard, tears in my eyes and everything. Until next time "Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars"

1 comments:

tiffany said...

that is pretty freaking funny.

p.s. dear casey: yesterday my house burned down and my whole family died. can you please play 'erotic city' by prince? thanks.